1. Relief (on the left) and plan (on the left) of the Fish Market area with a comparison of the pre-existing fish market with the roof by Forcellini and Laurenti’s project
2. Plan of the top floor of Laurenti’s fish market.
3. The Fish Market, a zinc-based watercolour by Cesare Laurenti
4. Construction work on the Fish Market
5. Capitals of the Fish Market, details
6. Design (on the left) and creation of the zoomorphic ornamental motif of a capital
7. Design (on the left) and creation of an ornamental osella
8. Cesare Laurenti, Saint Peter (the face might be a self-portrait of the author) bronze. Venice, Fish Market, north-east corner on the Grand Canal
9. Cesare Laurenti inspecting the Fish Market
Two sources of inspiration:
10. Vittore Carpaccio, Miracle of the Relic of the Holy Cross on the Rialto Bridge, 1494.
Venice, Academy Galleries
11. Postcard from Bergamo with signed comment by Cesare Laurenti
12. Rare images of the pre-existing fish market on the Grand Canal
13. Diagram with allocation of the stalls for selling fish
On the left and the right walls:
Elevation (on the left) and horizontal sections (on the right) of the first version of Laurenti’s project.